Thursday, September 16, 2004

Cap Bomb


Cap Bomb
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
As Michael has pointed out..this isn't really pc. But I am a believer that if you play with guns as a child, you may not feel you have to "play" with them as a grown-up.
I always had cap bombs and cap guns as a child and I wouldn't dream of owning a real gun...or bomb..!!
This Cap bomb ,in the shape of a flat hand grenade, has a strong spring.
The bar is pulled over and held in place,briefly, by the red sucker.
A fresh cap is put in place..and you just have time to run away before the sucker loses its grip and allows the bar to snap back.
BANG.

4 Comments:

Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Sounds like fun to me!!! Have never seen one like this before...we just used little cap guns & hooted & hollered when they went off.

2:08 PM  
Blogger swapatorium said...

I've never seen this one either, but it's a wonderful vintage toy. I agree with you about toy guns and such. I grew up with 2 brothers, so we were always playing with cap guns, water guns, those clear plastic pistols that shoot out sparks, etc. Today's video games are much more violent than the silly games we played as kids.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

When I was growing up in the 50's we used to go to the matinee shows every saturday at the local cinema.( I've seen a photo of it somewhere so will try and get it uplaoded to my blog)
We used to watch a feature film, a cartoon and a serial - usually Captain Marvel or Batman (he was fairly chubby in those days!) and other Republic serials which I still love and try to collect on tape if I can. As soon as the show was over we'd rush home to enact the films we'd just seen and make props like capes and belts and masks etc. from whatever was handy around the house. Playing cowboys and indians or space cadets was great fun and totally harmless even though we brandished swords and guns etc. All part of being a child and growing up - making sense of the strange adult world.

11:34 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hazel, interested to find out how you bacame interested in all these toys & mechanisms. And childhood memories too...I thinks there's a story there.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home