Thursday, February 10, 2005

Spud Gun


spudgun
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
The more upmarket Lone star "spudmatic" as it says on the handle.
This one is not only a spud gun, but also is a water pistol AND has a bit at the back to put cap in.
There is even a hole at the back with imbost instructions to "OIL HERE"
Some people believe giving children toy guns is bad and non pc..But I had a cowboy cap gun as a child and I loved it...I can't imagine a childhood with the smell of spent caps.
and I have not shot anyone .......YET!

4 Comments:

Blogger swapatorium said...

Wow, now that is some spud/cap/water gun! Is it older? I think of the three you posted, I like the futuristic one the best, but if I was a kid, no doubt I would want the multi-purpose one.

7:39 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Ohhh...would love to pop a few spuds at persons un-named! fun find there!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

but have you tried smuggling one through customs ?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Bowman said...

Spud guns!!
Wonderful, oh I'd forgotten about those. I had quite a few as a kid, and i have a vague memory of a gun which was powered by an elastic band and did something similar.
as for the pc thing - neeeeaaahh! i had loads of guns and when i didn't i used sticks and bits of card and drew guns. an interesting thing....i see kids at work who draw, at an early age, 'war' pictures and they still use wwII imagery, iron crosses and r,w &b targets - and we're in italy. i grew up on john wayne and the like, war films, submarines and all that, we would play the terribly non-p.c. 'japs and commandos' and that was already 25 years after the end of the war. now they grow up with pokemon and wrestlng and still try to kill each other in the playground.
ahem, are we allowed to leave comments this long?
;-)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home